Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Of The Year

Tonight is the last of the year and I'm staying at home with my boyfriend because we don't drink and wanted to enjoy the company of ourselves other than crazy drunks. I wanted to get in a post before the year ends and share with you some super cool gifts my family gave me for Christmas. Before I go on and do so, I wanted to make a list of some awesome and positive things that happened to me this year...

1. I turned 21, had a huge party in Chicago at the Hard Rock Hotel in a huge suite where i celebrated with my boyfriend, sister, and a lot of my friends.
2. I started college
3. celebrated an amazing Valentines Day with my boyfriend, where we stayed in pj's all day, watched cheesy love movies, cuddled, made some stir fry, and made a heart shaped cheese cake with strawberries on it.
4. celebrated my god daughters 3rd birthday, which was really special to me because I had lived in Colorado the previous year and I had felt awful to had not have been there. I helped her mom with gift bags, cupcakes, creating crowns and wands, and decorating.
5. In September we celebrated my boyfriends birthday and went out to eat at a delicious Irish restaurant and then came home to a small celebration with my cousin and mom..my boyfriend picked out a snickers blizzard cake from dairy queen and it was delicious. It was his first birthday with me with him not living with any of his family, so it was new to the both of us. He had a wonderful time and was very very happy with how the day went.
6.had a nice 4th of July playing bubbles with my nephew and grilling on a mini grill we picked up from Walmart for about $40, we didn't go out to fireworks, but we did go outside, sat on a hill and watched them from a far. 
7. For Christmas, it was special to have my nephew and my cousins son meet for the first time, it was a blast...two crazy boys but they know how to entertain for hours.
8. Celebrated my nephews 2nd birthday, which was important because there wasn't a 1st year celebration, I made him Thomas the train cupcakes, and lasagna.
9. My aunt barb came to visit from Texas, when she visits its as if she had never moved away, I love her around, she is an amazing person and gives such a positive energy when she is over because she is so caring and kind. We got to celebrate Halloween while she was here and i made some really fun recipes for my Nephew and everyone else. they turned out really cute
10. for thanksgiving we got my boyfriends grandmothers apple pie recipe, so i made pie for the first time and it was delicious. i was really proud of myself and everyone loved it. 

Most of my gifts...

 My presents from my wonderful boyfriend...

Rayman origins is an amazing game, the original was my first PlayStation game and the newer one is just as good if not better. Playing it brings back memories, its just so much fun. If you've never played it i suggest you do, it is a very beautiful and adorable game....

 He knew I needed new powder and studio tech foundation from MAC...

I had to show my awesome new boots again that my boyfriend go me, I love them. underneath those some glittens my dad bought for me which goes really well with the blue scarf on the bottom left that my step mom knitted for me...I thought they were both really thoughtful amazing gifts. the lilac and white scarf on the bottom is a gift given from my boyfriends dad and step mom..its very soft, lovely, and looks really cute with my winter jacket.

My cousin got me This Is It because I love Micheal Jackson and have been dying to see it, my mom got me a bunch of makeup, my dad got me some guitar picks as a hint to start playing again, my boyfriends mom got me some really nice flower clips for my hair which change color when in the sun and are adorable, and i had to put my MAC in this picture too because its a bunch of makeup.

 These are a bunch of certificates my boyfriend and I received though the holiday. I'm very excited to go shopping.

These are the presents from my sister to me...she gave me a beautiful zebra lamp which melts scented wax, which i thought was a lovely thought, and then my boyfriend and I received some wallet sized pictures of the most handsome 2 year old in the world(my nephew)

 My beautiful, intelligent, and most loved nephew...

My step mom also gave me some German Nutella, which is half way gone already.
I was so grateful for my presents this year and did not expect any of it. I didn't post these pics to brag but to simply share some of the joy and happiness I received this holiday because I wanted to end the year on a happy good note and start it joyous as well. I hope you enjoy, SEE YOU NEXT YEAR! 

No comments: